I am beyond stoked to share with you the Merry Mag Summer issue! Months in the working, creator and editor-in-chief, Melissa DiRenzo, killed it again. The holiday issue blew my mind away and the summer issue might even have topped that.
I’m honoured to be alongside a team of contributors who are so talented and bring so much to the table. Merry’s summer issue is filled with recipes, cocktails, DIY projects, entertaining ideas and one of my fave photo shoots to date – a boho rooftop shoot that both Melissa and I art directed and styled together (Harper even made an appearance!).
I whipped up a little DIY project for the issue….
A girl can never have too much jewellery and I’ll admit I have more than my fair share. I’m always taking my jewellery pieces off at the end of the day and misplacing them, so I was big time in need of a few jewellery trays to keep track of my precious metals. I like a pretty + edgy combo so I decided to use concrete and a little gold & neon pink paint to create some fun trays!
What you’ll need:
– quick dry cement
– stir stick
– molds (I used small porcelain bowls and a glass lid from a jar)
– paint brush
1. Mix the cement and water according to the manufacturer’s instructions. I wasn’t too precise on this and had a pancake batter like consistency.
2. Pour the mixed concrete into your molds and roll it around so the concrete mixture ends up on the sides of the mold. Give it a few taps on a hard surface to even it out and to get out any air bubbles. Set aside to dry. Mine took a full day to completely dry even though it was suppose to dry in under an hour.
3. Turn the mold upside down and give it a few taps with a hammer. It should fall right out. The pieces are quite fragile so be careful during this step.
4. Now the fun part! Use tape or freehand to create some cool designs with paint. Set aside to dry and once dry you’re ready to go!